Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scam targets People who are Applying Loans Online


A new type of scam travelling on the Internet is focusing people applying for loans. Customer Detective Jodi Brooks thought the scams was main issue to investigate. Brooks told that the scam is like other scams. They don’t care anything, their aim is only to attain money. Brooks discussed with one victim who wanted to tell his story to secure others from being cheated. 

Adam Carerra is from Queens, N.Y. He went to Colorado for work in construction, and at 24, he’s got some debt. 

I was trying to get some cash real bad because there were factors I needed to pay off, and I also required to go to New York to see my family, Carerra said. 

So he applied dozens of loan applications online. He realized, why not try? Carerra told that he gave him details, they would examine around, they would see if they gives the loan or not. If not they would deliver me to someone else that would possibly be able to. 

Carrera got a hit and his loan form was accepted. I would just put down a little transaction that I would get back with loan after I was accepted. 

He compensated European Nation $137 to wire money to the Dominican Republic. A few times later he ran into an issue. 

“He was telling me that his pc was revealing that I had to pay an extra fee.” Carerra told that he got cheated, but the fraud was not over yet. “I received a phone call revealing I had a lawsuit put out against me for a financial loan that was taken out and not paid for.” That’s when he realized he had been taken. If he can't get a loan, he was sure no one else could in his name either, so he approached the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. 

CBI representative Susan Medina told that Coloradoans are being victimized by this scams.
Medina says loan frauds are charging affected individuals tens of lots of money. The best idea that it’s a fraud is when they ask for money in advance side. “You’re going to have to provide cash to get cash, and as aspect of that they are going to ask you to wire money, and wire that overseas,” Medina said. It’s not obvious exactly what website or link Carerra visited on, but when he wants a loan he’s going to a bank.
When it comes to on the internet, they are going to ask for secure information such as bank account details, a Social Security number, and other details. Before filling it out, verify it’s a genuine lender or not.

1 comment: